We are here to support families/whānau that care for someone with a mental illness or addiction. Our aim is to give families the strength and skills they need for a better life experience at home, in the community and at work.
Able services are:
FREE - MOBILE - CONFIDENTIAL - FLEXIBLE
- Empowered by hope
- Transformed by acceptance
- Strengthened by community connections
- Supporting families/whānau affected by mental illness, addiction and suicide
- Family/whānau and community connectedness is at the heart of everything we do, with the colleagues and clients
- We strive for excellence, always listening, learning and improving how we deliver a quality, culturally appropriate service
- We build on each person's strengths, walk alongside them to support their sense of self respect, belonging and meaningful community contribution
- We are transparent and accountable to all our stakeholders
What we do
able helps families and whānau, including children and young people, of those with a mental illness or addiction to develop strategies for coping with the impact of mental illness on their lives. able also helps develop family based support networks.
able provides a supporting voice for families and whānau, including children and young people, of those with a mental illness, when dealing with service providers, policy-makers, the health system or wherever a strong voice is needed.
able provides information, education and training about mental illness or addiction to families/whānau and carers of people with a mental illness or addiction.
connectable - through Focus Clubhouse and Central Otago Activities Centre
able is dedicated to helping people with a mental illness or addiction to develop the skills and confidence they need to connect socially and contribute to their communities.
workable - through the Vocational Services
able programmes assist people with mental illness in setting employment goals, developing work skills, finding employment and keeping it.
For more information download our pamphlet here
Complaints/Compliments form click here
SUPERVISORS for Timeout Carers Supervised Contact - Click here for details