Employment Services offer people with a mental illness personalised on-going support to assist you on your journey towards employment and independence. Our team will help you find ways to have a meaningful connection with people in the wider community, to become work ready and to stay in employment.
Are you eligible for employment support?
You may be eligible for this free service if you have a mental illness that prevents you from:
- obtaining employment; or
- staying in employment; or
- interacting with the wider community.
Support we offer:
- When someone is living with a mental illness, Employment Services provide a community-based service for them to develop the confidence and skills needed to find jobs. We are here to help you set your own vocational goals, identify barriers and develop plans to achieve goals.
- Employment Services can help you return to the workforce when you are ready. We also help those currently in work through advocacy, ongoing training and assistance with retaining employment.
We work closely with many social agencies to give you the best advice.
If you need help, we're here and we're flexible - contact
Able - A Better Life Experience
Ph: 03 455 1873
2-4 Calder Street, St Kilda, Dunedin
Integrity - honest, open and transparent in all our dealings
Diversity - recognising differences between people and acknowledging these differences are a valued asset
Respect - treating everyone with care and consideration
Excellence - to be the best vocational service we can be
Hope - the belief and aspiration that you can have a better life experience
Focus Vocational Services Newsletter - March 2017
Some links you may find useful:
- Careers NZ
- Base Dunedin - Youth Education & Employment
- Career opportunities - Dunedin NZ
- CVs and Cover Letters - Careers NZ
- Employment NZ